Teaching at Appleton Roebuck is ‘Learning Centred’, meaning that each element of whole school and classroom practice is designed with an understanding of how children learn best at its heart.
At Appleton Roebuck we believe children learn best when:
• learning activities are well planned, ensuring progress in the short,medium and long term
• teaching and learning activities enthuse, engage and motivate children to learn, and foster their curiosity and enthusiasm for learning
• assessment informs teaching so that there is provision for support, repetition and extension of learning for each child, at each level of attainment
• the learning environment is ordered, the atmosphere is purposeful and children feel safe
• there are strong links between home and school, and the importance of parental involvement in their children’s learning is recognised, valued and developed