EYFS / Y1 CLASS TEACHER
Location Appleton Roebuck Primary School, Main Street, Appleton Roebuck, York YO23 7DN
Grade/Band National Teachers Pay and Conditions Apply
Minimum Age Requirement N/A
Vacancy Hours 1.0 FTE
Contract Type Temporary Full Time – Maternity Cover
Weekend Working No
Application Closing Date 14 May 2018 12.00pm
Salary Range (From and To) MPS3 – MPS6 National Teachers Pay and Conditions Apply
Interview Date 17 May 2018
Venue for Interview Appleton Roebuck Primary School, Main Street, Appleton Roebuck, York YO23 7DN
Teacher, Full Time Reception / Year 1 Main Scale Teacher to cover maternity leave, commencing September 2018
Appleton Roebuck Primary School is a happy, friendly school with a strong family ethos and strong team commitment to improving the outcomes and aspirations of all our children. A passionate full time teacher is required for maternity cover commencing September 2018 to teach a mixed age Reception / Year 1 Class. You will be committed to supporting our children with their individual development so that they have the best possible start. The position is best suited to teachers with experience.
We are looking for an Early Years Foundation Stage and Year 1 Teacher who will be:
• A caring teacher and leader who has the needs of our pupils and their families at the heart of everything they do
• A highly effective classroom practitioner who is passionate about education and supports other staff to make continuous improvements to their practice.
• An excellent role model for staff and pupils and a source of inspiration
• A team player with excellent communication and interpersonal skills
We can offer you:
1. A beautiful place to work.
2. Friendly, enthusiastic and well-mannered children.
3. The chance to work with committed, friendly and caring staff.
4. Committed and encouraging governors.
5. Lots of cakes!
6. Opportunities to develop your skills professionally.
Our school vision is ‘This is our school, make me proud of it, make it proud of me’, and as such we will ensure that our school offers warmth and inspiration within a stimulating and safe environment. We will guide the children towards working with independence, using their initiative and showing a sense of responsibility whilst taking pride in their achievements.
The successful candidate would also be expected to take a subject leader role for a curriculum area and you should make it clear on the application form where your expertise and strengths lay.
Essential qualities are:
1. A cheerful and positive disposition
2. The capacity for hard work and common sense
3. Excellent working relationships with pupils and colleagues
4. High expectations of standards of work and behaviour
5. Initiative and ability to see the bigger picture
6. Knowledge and understanding of assessment and how to promote pupil progress
7. Ability to liaise effectively and positively with parents/ carers and other professionals
The school is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. We require the successful applicant to undertake an enhanced Criminal Record check via the Disclosure & Barring Service.
If this position excites you, we look forward to receiving your application. Please state clearly in your application what you consider to be your key strengths and experiences which you think will help us to understand how you will complement our team and support our pupils’ development.
Visits to the school are most welcome. Please call Sally Askins on 01904 501906 to arrange a visit This post requires full DBS Enhanced Clearance.
Completed applications should be returned to the Headteacher, Mrs Andrea Commins
Closing date: Monday 14th May 2018
Interviews are to be held on: Thursday 17th May
For a copy of the application form as a Word document, please click here.